[libav-tools] raw video render error

Folkstack X folkstack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:30:29 CEST 2016

Greetings,

I am using the following command to render a raw rgba stream from my app:

avconv -r 60 -t 210 -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgba -s 1280x720 -i
> tcp://localhost:2233 -t 210 -c:v h264 -vf vflip -crf 1 result.mov

I get excellent video results rendering 20-30 seconds, but the render goes
bad somehow when I record for 3+ minutes.

I arrive at the end of the render fine (over 12k frames @ 1280p), but when
I try to watch the result, I get errors,  only for longer renders it seems.

VLC says MOOV atom not found, and then "unknown error".

mPlayer says "missing header chunk", the video player that comes standard
with Ubuntu says "no playable stream".

Please advise.

Many thanks!