[libav-tools] VDPAU decoding failure

Ulrich von Zadow coder at c-base.org
Thu Mar 12 09:26:29 CET 2015

Hi,

with the switch to libavcodec 56.1.0 (Ubuntu 14.10), our VDPAU decoder stopped working. Specifically, the call to

  pCodec = avcodec_find_decoder_by_name("h264_vdpau”);

returns 0.

In the release notes to libav 10.5, I read "converted VDPAU to the hwaccel framework; the old way of using VDPAU is no longer supported”. Is this what we’re running into? If so, how big are the changes that are needed to get things running again? The code in question is on github: https://github.com/libavg/libavg/tree/master/src/video, mostly in the VDPAU* files.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

  Uli

Ulrich von Zadow | +49-172-7872715