[libav-tools] Can't get opus support working using libopus

Mateusz Koslacz mateusz.koslacz at 4vod.tv
Fri Jul 10 12:48:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get opus support in Libav on clean install of Ubuntu 14.04.2.
I've got libopus-dev installed. I have installed the latest version of
Libav doing the following:

wget https://libav.org/releases/libav-11.4.tar.xz
> tar -xf libav-11.4.tar.xz
> cd ~/libav-11.4
> ./configure --enable-libopus
> make
> checkinstall -y # or make install

Despite of the fact that configure prints:

> External libraries:
> libopus

After install I can't get opus operations working, and when I do:

> avconv -formats | grep opus

It prints pretty much nothing.

Maybe I could get some help in docs, but right now there is only a "404 -
Not Found" error on docs sites. What have I done wrong? How could I get
this working?

Regards,

Mateusz Koślacz