[libav-tools] Converting video format when audio is out of sync

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Wed Apr 22 15:43:01 CEST 2015

Thanks, Sampsa. It's telling me that the -filter_complex option doesn't
exist. I thought maybe the underscore was supposed to be a space, and
"complex" was the filter name, but there's no filter called "complex".
(I've attached the output of avconv -filters at the end of this message.)

My video isn't just slightly out of sync, though, as it sounds like you're
imagining. There's no relationship between the sound and the video; they're
no where near each other, when played with anything other than avplay.

Derrell

Output of avconv -filters for my version of avconv:

anull            Pass the source unchanged to the output.
anullsrc         Null audio source, never return audio frames.
anullsink        Do absolutely nothing with the input audio.
copy             Copy the input video unchanged to the output.
crop             Crop the input video to width:height:x:y.
drawbox          Draw a colored box on the input video.
fade             Fade in/out input video
fieldorder       Set the field order.
fifo             Buffer input images and send them when they are requested.
format           Convert the input video to one of the specified pixel
formats.
gradfun          Debands video quickly using gradients.
hflip            Horizontally flip the input video.
lut              Compute and apply a lookup table to the RGB/YUV input
video.
lutrgb           Compute and apply a lookup table to the RGB input video.
lutyuv           Compute and apply a lookup table to the YUV input video.
negate           Negate input video.
noformat         Force libavfilter not to use any of the specified pixel
formats for the input to the next filter.
null             Pass the source unchanged to the output.
overlay          Overlay a video source on top of the input.
pad              Pad input image to width:height[:x:y[:color]] (default x
and y: 0, default color: black).
pixdesctest      Test pixel format definitions.
scale            Scale the input video to width:height size and/or convert
the image format.
select           Select frames to pass in output.
setdar           Set the frame display aspect ratio.
setpts           Set PTS for the output video frame.
setsar           Set the pixel sample aspect ratio.
settb            Set timebase for the output link.
showinfo         Show textual information for each video frame.
slicify          Pass the images of input video on to next video filter as
multiple slices.
split            Pass on the input to two outputs.
transpose        Transpose input video.
unsharp          Sharpen or blur the input video.
vflip            Flip the input video vertically.
color            Provide an uniformly colored input, syntax is:
[color[:size[:rate]]]
movie            Read from a movie source.
nullsrc          Null video source, never return images.
rgbtestsrc       Generate RGB test pattern.
testsrc          Generate test pattern.
nullsink         Do absolutely nothing with the input video.
buffer           Buffer video frames, and make them accessible to the
filterchain.