[libav-tools] Repeating one input constantly in an avconv mix

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Sep 15 18:21:12 CEST 2014

On 13/09/14 15:33, Camil Staps wrote:
> I'm sorry lu, I'm not that used to this kind of things. Could you give me a
> small code example or some links with background information that can make
> me understand what you mean? But please don't invest too much time in this,
> I'm sure you also have something better to do.

Step 1 use the loop option to generate an audio sample long enough.

    avconv -loop ... -i ... -c:a something audio.ts

Step 2 merge the two audio, the in.something is the shortest

    avconv -i audio.ts -i in.something -af ... -c:a copy out.mkv

In a single step:

    avconv -loop ... -i ... -c:a something -f mpegts - | avconv -i - -i
in.something ...

This is untested but should work.