[libav-tools] Non-language audio track identifiers

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 15:25:57 CET 2014

Further to my previous question, I now have the capability to build up
the audio tracks that I want and attach them to the video file. The
tracks end up as .wav files, and the final stitching-together command
line is something like this:

avconv -i input.mkv -i audio1.wav -i audio2.wav -c copy -map 0:v -map
0:a:0 -map 1:a:0 -map 2:a:0 output.mkv

This takes the original audio track from the input file and copies
that as the first audio track, then adds audio from the .wav files. So
far, so good. I can attach language identifiers as described in the
man page (-metadata:s:a:0 language=eng), and that's working too. Is
there a way to put other tags on? I'd like to say "Original",
"Instrumental", "Words included", and that kind of thing. Or is it
restricted to just languages?

Apologies if this is a dumb question... I'm not skilled in A/V
manipulation, I just happen to really love "Frozen"... :)

ChrisA