[libav-tools] A FFmpeg/Libav, Mencoder GUI front Open Souce Project MobileMate need your help

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:09:48 CEST 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:27:59 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> > This is an experimental project, it uses TinyCore Linux livecd as a
> > running platform. The goal is finding a way for making open source
> > more useful and how to make money from open source. Now, we need
> > your feedback to confirm an important question first:
> >
> > Integrate the tool into a livecd is a practicable way to deliver the
> > software?
>
> As long you provide or offer to provide the sources, yes.

Of course, it's open source project.

We know, Bash is a powerful tool in the Linux world. It is perfect to
perform some special tasks.

But, Linux is used by very few user. Windows users can't enjoy the
convenience of Bash and some powerful Linux command tools.

So, I tried integrating some Bash glued tools into a Linux LiveCD to
perform special task, with total size about 33M.

But, using it also need some Linux skills and it isn't so convenient as
Windows user use windows native programs.

This is a way for making open source and Linux more useful, it is also a
trade-off, and, a question.