[libav-tools] passing a list of image paths to avconv

Signell, Richard rsignell at usgs.gov
Fri May 31 21:04:55 CEST 2013

I've got a time series sequence of png images, and the file name for
each image indicates the time that the image was taken, like:

time_199110301247.png
time_199110301253.png
time_199110301256.png

that I'd like to convert to a movie with avconv.

I used to use this:
os.system('cat *.png | ffmpeg -r 24 -y -f image2pipe -c:v png -i -
-c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -qp 0 -movflags +faststart -pix_fmt
yuv420p time.mkv')

So I'm wondering what the same command in avconv would be?

I see that this user had the exact same problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14111569/avconv-passing-list-of-image-paths

Is the solution posted there really the best one?
I hope not!

Thanks,
Rich

--