[libav-tools] Playback of high resolution videos

Miscell smith misc.info99 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 17:48:12 CET 2013

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the playback of libx264 encoded videos of 5760x1080 pixels?  Avplay gives an error saying the video system does not support an image of that size, but I am not sure where the restriction is coming from.  My 3 HD monitors are working ok with the proprietary fglrx driver on Debian Wheezy with an ATI HD7770 video card.  MPlayer also fails and reports a maximum available image size of 4096x4096, and a 4096x1080 video does play ok with either MPlayer or avplay.

Any ideas how to get this working?  Where is the bottleneck?

Thanks,

Ruth