[libav-tools] need help defining audio stream inputs to avconv

Dave davestechshop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 04:20:26 CEST 2013

see below

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 28/08/13 00:31, Dave wrote:
> > Thank you for your reply. I am using pulseaudio. However, I am not
> familiar
> > with "pulseaudio control" yet. How would I use it? Would you be so kind
> as
> > to take my pseudo code script and show me how it actually should look
> with
> > the changes you suggest?
> >
> > Also any links to references I should read are appreciated. Thanks!
>
> https://libav.org/avconv.html#pulse
>
> lu

Thank you. From that, here is what I came up with:

#!/bin/bash
OUTPUT="audio_`date +%Y-%m-%d_%H%M`"
avconv \
-ac 2 -f pulse -i
alsa_output.usb-Focusrite_Scarlett_2i2_USB-00-USB.analog-stereo.monitor\
-ac 1 -f pulse -i
alsa_input.usb-Focusrite_Scarlett_2i2_USB-00-USB.analog-stereo\
-map 0:0 -map 1:0 \
-c:a flac \
-threads 0 \
-y $OUTPUT

How does that look? (I'll be testing it later tonight.)