[libav-tools] Create MP4 Video from multiple images

Werner Detter werner at aloah-from-hell.de
Tue Aug 27 22:18:51 CEST 2013

Hi Folks :)

it just doesn't work to create a video with avconv with multiple input jpg images. I've
tried several things - but the result is always something different then a mp4 with the
given images :( Maybe you have a hint. The Images I want are named like:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

*) avconv -y -r 1 -f image2 -i %d.jpg -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -preset slower out.mp4
Result: a 3 seconds mp4 video that only shows one image

*) avconv -y -r 1 -f image2 -i 0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -preset slower out.mp4
Result: a 1 seconds mp4 video that only shows one image

This really can't be so problematic to achieve. I'm trying to convert the videos on a
Raspberry with raspbmc which only gives me libav-tools 6:0.8.6-1+rpi1 - could this
be the problem?

thanks,
Werner