[libav-tools] empty_moov

Harry Stark stark.harry at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 18:30:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to output a live stream to a fragmented mp4.

The output works fine, but no moov header is being created until I either stop the command (avconv) or it finishes.

I want to be able to add a blank moov header write at the start of the creation of the output mp4 file.

I've tried the empty_moov option but that doesn't appear to work - does that only create the moov after all conversion/processing has been completed?

I'm looking through the souce of libav to see if I can modify it to allow this - but finding it difficult to identify where?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.