[libav-tools] Skipping a missing frame

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 21:36:16 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the correct venue for this sort of question.  If not,
please let me know where I should redirect to.

I have a number of situations where I have a sequence of images that may be
missing a frame:
frame_0001.png
frame_0002.png
frame_0004.png

My usual command line looks something like:

avconv -i frame_%04d.png -threads 8 -f webm -b 2000k movie.webm

But as soon as it would hit frame 3 and find it missing, it stops. Is there
a general way to ignore these gaps? I've written little modification
scripts that re-order them to make the number continuous, but it would be
great if there was just a simple flag to look for them all.

Thanks for your time and help.

Sam