[libav-tools] Can't compil libav with avplay

Michaël RUCH dcmicore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:44:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

I fetch the last version of libav with git.

git clone git://git.libav.org/libav.git
cd libav/

To be sure to understand I made
./configure --help | grep avplay

I have "--disable-avplay         disable avplay build"

If I understand right, I do not need to add somethings to configure to have
avplay.

I configure with ./configure (with no parameter with codec).

I look for in the Makefile to see if avplay is ok.
more Makefile | grep avplay
I have this
"PROGS-$(CONFIG_AVPLAY)   += avplay
BASENAMES   = avconv avplay avprobe avserver"

I try with avconv.
more Makefile | grep avconv
"PROGS-$(CONFIG_AVCONV)   += avconv
OBJS-avconv = avconv_opt.o avconv_filter.o
BASENAMES   = avconv avplay avprobe avserver"

I'm under Debian Wheezy.

My version of gcc is gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2

I don't understand why I have avconv, avprobe, avserver and not avplay.

Thx a lot for your help.

dc-mic