[libav-tools] avconv in Fedora 16/17 ?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jul 28 00:32:04 CEST 2012

Hi

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 08:39:48PM +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was said that `avconv` is a `ffmpeg` command replacement, but I
> can't find any package with a name like this for Fedora - where is it?

why would you want to use avconv if your distribution ships ffmpeg ?
ffmpeg supports all features avconv does and many more.
You can find the latest ffmpeg on
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

If you find anything that avconv supports that ffmpeg doesnt or any
bug in ffmpeg that is not in avconv. Please open a bugreport on the
ffmpeg bug tracker and send me a mail, ill make sure that it gets fixed
as fast as possible.

thanks

[...]

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin