[libav-tools] packet loss and decode_slice_header error

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:08:38 CET 2012

Sorry... key bindings send the email to soon.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
<aconchillo at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> I have tried to follow the recommendations mentioned here:
>
> http://doom10.org/index.php?topic=733.0

Basically, I can only use option 3 and option 2. For option 2, I tried
to set slice-max-size to 1500 but this generated too many packages and
CPU increased, and actually I kept on getting the same error. Also, it
generated too many slices and I had to update the maximum number of
slices (MAX_SLICES) in libav.

Then, I tried setting "contrained-intra" (which I don't really know
what it does). This one visually mitigates the effect of the
horizontal refresh, but it's still visible.

I guess the problem is that a packet loss is affecting a header of a
slice. What I don't understand and I would like to fix (if possible)
is why it is affecting the whole image instead of only part of the
image.

Btw, I am trying to stream a 720p video (30 Hz).

Thanks in advance,

Aleix