[libav-tools] Where are the definitions of choose_pix_fmts, choose_sample_fmts, choose_sample_rates, choose_channel_layouts ?

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:54:18 CEST 2012

Hi, all:

I'm trying to build avconv.c ... However, I can't find a place that defines
the following 4 functions:

> choose_pix_fmts()
> choose_sample_fmts()
> choose_sample_rates()
> choose_channel_layouts()

The source code of the file avconv.c can be found at
http://libav.org/doxygen/master/avconv_8c_source.html

What I've tried is:
1) download the source code by git from
http://libav.org/download.html
2) do a thorough search, there is only one single place under the entire
source code directory.
That is, these 4 functions

> choose_pix_fmts()
> choose_sample_fmts()
> choose_sample_rates()
> choose_channel_layouts()

only exists in avconv.c, there are no definitions for these 4 functions.

I'm just wondering, since there are no definitions for these 4 functions,
how come the executable avconv can be built by the libav group? And how did
u successfully build it?

Best Regards
Pei

--