[libav-tools] ffmpeg's oggpagesize option

Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello marcosfrm at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:16:41 CEST 2011

Hi, Ronald.

2011/5/9 Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello
> <marcosfrm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/125260
>>
>> Any news on this?
>>
>> Here with Libav git-fc7314b I get "Unrecognized option 'oggpagesize'".
>
> What exact commandline?

ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 1 -i pulse -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec
libtheora -qscale 6 -acodec libvorbis -ab 80k -f ogg -oggpagesize 4096
- | oggfwd localhost 8000 password /test.ogg

Custom Libav build, with libogg 1.2.2/libvorbis 1.3.2/libtheora svn,
on Ubuntu 10.10 x86-32.

The patch was not merged. In the same thread, Gregory Maxwell raised
technical concerns about the patch:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/125146

He says it's not the best solution and that the approach used in
GStreamer is better. Well, it may be a non-ideal solution, but at
least it would work...

Marcos