[libav-tools] cross compile problem with yasm

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Mon Aug 1 13:48:28 CEST 2011

On 08/01/2011 12:45 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 8/1/11 11:56 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> hi,
>> i try to build on linux with mingw64 toolchain the gstreamer packages.
>> all build and working fine except gst-ffmpeg. gst-ffmpeg inlude libav as
>> it's backend. when i try build it on linux with mingw than i use yasm.
>> it compile and build without any kind of error, but when i try to use it
>> seg fault immediately.
>
> The backtrace isn't much meaningful, please get gdb to point the
> sources. We have mingw64 builds on win32.libav.org could you please try
> those and see if ffplay can decode correctly your testfile?

it's running:-(
can you tell me how did you build it?
- did you build it on linux?
- did you build it on x86_64 linux?
- did you use yasm (ie. the linux version of yasm) we use yasm-1.1.0?

> If you run gst-ffmpeg on wine does it work?

no it's the same as on windows.

the strange thing is that all other packages are build and working in
the same mingw64 enviroment. here're the result rpms:
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/6/