[libav-devel] Official announcement of project status?

ml+libav at 03s.net ml+libav at 03s.net
Wed Nov 18 09:00:41 CET 2020

Hi everyone!

I noticed that the last message in the mailing list archives
(https://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2020-April/086589.html)
was a note saying this project is dead.

If this is official, can the project maintainers please put up a notice
on the website to that effect? Distributors worldwide would appreciate
this, so they know to begin deprecating libav.

Personal interest: I'm helping the Homebrew project decide what to do
with libav, when a critical patch
(https://github.com/libav/libav/commit/fe7bc1f16abaefe66d8a20f734ca3eb8a4ce4d43)
that's already four years old wasn't included in the last official
release, itself over two years old at this writing.

Thanks much!

Best Regards,
Adrian