[libav-commits] avcodec: fix avcodec_encode_audio() documentation.
git at libav.org
Sat Jan 7 20:32:47 CET 2012
Author: Justin Ruggles <justin.ruggles at gmail.com>
Committer: Justin Ruggles <justin.ruggles at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 30 19:35:45 2011 -0500
avcodec: fix avcodec_encode_audio() documentation.
the previous documentation indicated how many bytes are read from the input,
not how many samples are read.
libavcodec/avcodec.h | 13 ++++++++-----
1 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/libavcodec/avcodec.h b/libavcodec/avcodec.h
index b139a8a..c38bd27 100644
@@ -4200,9 +4200,9 @@ void avsubtitle_free(AVSubtitle *sub);
* Encode an audio frame from samples into buf.
* @note The output buffer should be at least FF_MIN_BUFFER_SIZE bytes large.
- * However, for PCM audio the user will know how much space is needed
- * because it depends on the value passed in buf_size as described
- * below. In that case a lower value can be used.
+ * However, for codecs with avctx->frame_size equal to 0 (e.g. PCM) the user
+ * will know how much space is needed because it depends on the value passed
+ * in buf_size as described below. In that case a lower value can be used.
* @param avctx the codec context
* @param[out] buf the output buffer
@@ -4210,8 +4210,11 @@ void avsubtitle_free(AVSubtitle *sub);
* @param[in] samples the input buffer containing the samples
* The number of samples read from this buffer is frame_size*channels,
* both of which are defined in avctx.
- * For PCM audio the number of samples read from samples is equal to
- * buf_size * input_sample_size / output_sample_size.
+ * For codecs which have avctx->frame_size equal to 0 (e.g. PCM) the number of
+ * samples read from samples is equal to:
+ * buf_size * 8 / (avctx->channels * av_get_bits_per_sample(avctx->codec_id))
+ * This also implies that av_get_bits_per_sample() must not return 0 for these
+ * codecs.
* @return On error a negative value is returned, on success zero or the number
* of bytes used to encode the data read from the input buffer.
More information about the libav-commits