[libav-api] Handling RTSP Networking via Enet/Alternative Network Handler

Chandler Lattin chandlerlattin at Knights.ucf.edu
Fri May 4 18:07:13 CEST 2018

To elaborate and clarify, we would like to use a UDP variant compatible with Enet (library) to handle the UDP networking portion for an RTSP/RTP server using LibAV.

I understand it is not typical of RTSP command interaction (RTSP DESCRIBE, START, OPTIONS, etc.) to be done over UDP, while the RTP streaming is, then it is a question of if it would be compatible with enet.

With one of the RTP streams, it is custom to handle what seems like atypical (non-media (audio/video)) packets for pinging/statistics/other commands in use by the server software we are replicating/reverse engineering.

So more directly again, is there a way to handle network IO via Enet to handle what needs to be done on one particular stream, be compatible with a client using enet.

I will run a test using ffmpeg cli and the current development of my software to see if enet is compatible with the Enet UDP socket.

________________________________
From: libav-api <libav-api-bounces at libav.org> on behalf of Chandler Lattin <chandlerlattin at Knights.ucf.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:03 PM
To: libav-api at libav.org
Subject: [libav-api] Handling RTSP Networking via Enet/Alternative Network Handler

Hello,

We are doing a project where we using RTSP to communicate with a client where the predefined software makes use of enet for reliable UDP. I see the URLContext seems to be a handler object and I was wondering if I could overwrite with pointers to my own functions to handle this? It would be receiving the RTSP handshake and command listing to see options, etc on UDP via enet.

Thank you!