[libav-api] H264 Decoding

William Cheung cheung.waiho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:53:01 CEST 2016

This is a image format issue. What you are using to view is expecting a
NV12 image, but you giving a I420.

NV12 is formatted like this -> YYYYYYY UV UV UV UV
I420 is formatted like this -> YYYYYYYY UUUU VVVV

This is why you are seeing the image duplicated twice across the X and Y
axis and all the colours messed up.

You can swap the UV plane bytes around to turn I420 to NV12.