[libav-api] Extract RTCP stats from AVFormatContext

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Aug 10 22:20:41 CEST 2015

On 10/08/15 20:41, Éloi Bail wrote:
>> This project is Libav. Asking for support here while using FFmpeg
>> is impolite.
>
> The open source project I am working on is using both (libav and
> ffmpeg) depending on the OS mainly because of video device
> management. I don't want to go to political talks... Sorry if I
> offend you.
>
>> There are two means to do what you are looking for at least,
>> exposing that information as avoption isn't the best one IMHO.
>
> Thanks for your answer. So what would be the second option ?

The first way I could think of is using av_opt_get as it is done for
certain information in http.c, it is non-optimal since basically you'd
have to poll.

The second one is to export the information along the avpacket using
side data, this way you'd get the multimedia data and the state
described by the rtcp info (not exactly it).