[libav-api] invalid AVPacket size in av_read_frame usage.

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Apr 26 00:16:02 CEST 2015

On 25/04/15 20:58, daggs wrote:

> mmm I think I was mislead, I'm using ffmpeg, after asking the same
> question on the ffmpeg list I was suggested to ask this in the libav
> ml because I'll have more chance to get help, I know that ffmpeg
> pulls changes from libav so I assumed it was a logical suggestion.

If you are using FFmpeg you should ask who develops it for support, if
you are using Libav you should ask here for support.

They are different projects, with different people working on it.

People here use their free time to help people assuming they are using
their software, not the direct competitor.

The fact somebody pulls our changes is within the boundaries of the
opensource licenses we are using.

That doesn't give FFmpeg the right to even use us as free support line
and is quite bad that somebody suggests you to do so.

I got told that they are getting even more pressing about asking
donations and such, while you might notice Libav does not. You might
imagine I'm not happy about hearing that.

> guess my logic was wrong... :(

The best I can suggest you is to try with Libav and report back.