[libav-api] Symbol conflict with FFmpeg

Jing huang jinghuangusc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:59:48 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I am facing an issue while trying to integrated two open sourced libraries
together, one is gstreamer which is using libav from libav.org, another is
kickflip which uses libav from ffmpeg. The issue is both libraries has the
same named libavcodec.a and other libavxxx.a static library included in
their package. I have been trying to solve the conflict by finding a
matching version of libav from libav.org and ffmpeg, it seems impossible
with the latest version of this two diverged library. And I am sure it
already become confusing for many developers like to have to deal with two
different library and still use the same linking name.
Is there a plan to rename the name of the linking library and be clear
about that libav and ffmpeg are no longer the same code? It would make
things a lot easier.

Thanks,
Jing