[libav-api] AVPlay can open RTSP stream on linux but not on Windows

Manuel Torres manuel.torres.fernandez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:55:13 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am trying to open an H.264 RTSP stream with avplay and it works on Ubuntu
14.04 but not on Windows 7.

This is the terminal output of the Windows version:
http://pastebin.com/GL4sUSab

I tested both 32 and 64 bit versions of the 10.1 release and the nightly
build. These versions open the Big Buck Bunny RTSP stream but not mine.

I do not know if it is useful information or not but both VLC and ffplay
open the stream and the stream source is a GStreamer RTSP server.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.