[libav-api] Using libav for reading live stream

Florian Iragne florian at iragne.fr
Wed Sep 10 20:55:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 10/09/2014 19:15, wm4 wrote:
> Keep in mind that ffmpeg and libav libav* libs are not binary
> compatible, and mixing them can result in behavior ranging from "appears
> to work" to silent memory corruption.

Yes, i know, thanks. However the avplay binary from debian multimedia
was linked to the libav* libraries from debian multimedia (so the
ffmpeg.org version), so all worked fine. Now, i've removed
deb-multimedia and replaced to have the main deb repository versions
(so, from libav)

The conclusion of the test is that avplay from ffmpeg.org reads the
stream smoothly, but not avplay from libav. I don't know if it can be of
any help/interest to libav developpers.

I have a workaround for the problem, even if i'm not really happy with it.

If devs need more info on this topic, i can provide examples, version
numbers, etc

Florian