[libav-api] Using libav for reading live stream

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 10 13:39:16 CEST 2014

On 10/09/14 12:19, Florian Iragne wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> if i set the probesize to a few frames (20k), it works, but it guess
> that i shouldn't do this.

find_stream_info is one of the bad legacies we hadn't fixed yet, sadly
in a good number of situations restricting the amount of data probed is
a safe workaround.

That said, if avplay works and your application takes too much time to
probe the data possibly there is something else that should be investigated.

(this week I'm more than busy so sorry for the delayed and terse replies)