[libav-api] Using libav for reading live stream

Florian Iragne florian at iragne.fr
Wed Sep 10 10:18:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

Le 09/09/2014 20:24, Luca Barbato a écrit :
> On 09/09/14 15:55, Florian Iragne wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've made a c++ class using libav that decodes input audio files into a
>> buffer of double values. It works fine.
>>
>> Now, i want to handle live streams and add the observer/observee design
>> pattern so that external objects can perform various actions on each
>> read double buffer.
>>
> Could you try if avplay can work with it correctly?

I've made some tests:
  * avplay plays the stream smoothly
  * my program hangs on avformat_find_stream_info until the interrupt
calback returns 1

So, i've read avplay.c to see if it does something more than what i do.
Between lines 2249 and 2266, it sets up format_opts and opts
dictionnaries, then pass this last one to avformat_find_stream_info.

It seems that this is usefull if some specif format/codec is passed from
the command line, isn't it?

So, i still don't understand why avformat_find_stream_info hangs in my
code but not in avplay

thanks for your help

Florian