[libav-api] Libav usage example

Andreas Unterweger dustsigns at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:02:04 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am using Libav for some programming examples in one of my courses this semester and created some examples for decoding, encoding, muxing and demuxing. Although the official documentation contains quite a lot of information on the fields of all structures as well as on the parameters of most functions, I had quite a hard time finding information on how the functions and structures are interconnected to perform certain common tasks. As there seem to be no (more) official example programs, I wanted to ask whether there is any interest in having such programs to document the usage of the current API. I would be willing to provide my example programs (and maybe some additional documentation, if this is required) after some rewriting, if this is desired. My main intention for doing this would be to save others the time to work out these examples by themselves, which, I know, can be very time-consuming. Please let me know whether this is of general interest and, if so, whom I have to con
tact.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Andreas