[libav-api] Parallel Video Transcoding

Lerchenmüller Maximilian m.lerchenmueller at BIHLER.de
Tue Apr 23 06:57:13 CEST 2013

Hi @ all,

I'm trying to write a program for parallel video processing. Therefor it is my intention to create one video process, one audio process and one master process which wraps the other both together.

I managed to decode and encode video and audio frames in their own processes. But when it comes to putting all together (writing the transcoded file in the master process) I get in trouble.

Is there any possibility to call av_interleaved_write_frame from two different processes for the same output file? I want the master process to create the file, write the headers for this file and to close the file. The both other processes only should write their packages into the file created by the master.

I hope anybody could give me some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Max