[libav-api] Libav api example

Arash Shafiei shafiei at enst.fr
Thu Oct 25 10:09:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm a junior software developer in multimedia. Since 2011 I've been
involved in projects where we used a lot of ffmpeg APIs.

Usually my reference is "http://dranger.com" but with all the changes in
ffmpeg and Libav it's not usable anymore. There is also a file in ffmpeg
which is located in "doc/examples/api-example.c" but it's not complete.
It encodes a random video and does not demonstrates how we can decode a
video/audio, manipulate the frames and encode.

I recently wrote a small class for myself where I can read input
video/audio and encode it. I would be more than happy if I could add
this into Libav somewhere like "doc/examples/libav-api-example.c" and
maintain it.

Sincerely yours,
Arash