[libav-api] Another basic questions about h264 decoding.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:33:07 CET 2012

Andrey Utkin wrote

> 2012/3/22 wl2776 <wl2776@>:
>> A car moves, then jumps back to original location, then jumps a little
>> bit
>> further, then again jumps back to the original location, etc.
>
> I guess the _encoding_ side can have a bug.

Encoding side hardly has any bugs, because, when the network load is low,
everything plays smoothly.
This happens when I run several instances of my player or when I simulate
low bandwidth using Network Emulator Tookit.

Andrey Utkin wrote

> BTW, describe what is the protocol used for pulling ipcam videos?
> Maybe ipcams have some "bandwidth adaptivity" homegrown hack that
> introduce problem?

Our system uses our own gateway, communicating with cameras and translating
their streams to RTSP streams. This usually happens with various Bosch's
cameras. VLC (www.videolan.org) shows similar behavior. Haven't tried
avplay, though.