[libav-api] Transcoding

Malay Nema mnema at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 11:20:40 CET 2012

Hello Ronald,
Thanks for your mail.
'-vcodec' is an option at the command line level. I am using the libraries to manipulate the videos in the memory and then want to save in the form of video. After manipulation I do not have any Motion Vector knowledge. It is as good as motion JPEG.

Here is a step by step operation I would like to do
1. Read a video (not raw, only till DCT coefficients of Y Cb and Cr bands) in to memory.
2. Manipulate the DCTs of Y Cb and Cr bands. At this point, we have modified DCTs of all the frames without motion vector.

3. Feed the DCTs of the Y Cb and Cr into an api to get final video output. Here one can specify the bit-rate and quality of the resultant video.

I am looking forward for api(s) to achieve step 3 above.

best
Malay