[libav-api] libavformat doesnt recognize h264 stream in mpegts, but vlc does

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 02:58:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Andrey Utkin
<andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, can anybody help me with teaching ffmpeg/libavformat to recognize
> h264 video in this mpegts dump?
> vlc plays it well, but: avprobe (libav fork) shows
> http://pastebin.com/HUvstLQi , ffprobe shows http://pastebin.com/JQqHaGa9 .
> The dump is: ftp://golosimperii.org/tmp/dump.ts
> The dump is done from 6 MiB/s stream.
> Of course, it is not necessary to download it all to test, you can download
> as many you think is reasonable - that's mpegts.

I think I already answered this on IRC, but using -f mpegts before -i
would solve this. The problem appears that we're autodetecting as
mpeg-1 audio, rather than mpegts, which is a bug.

If you keep the sample up, I'll try to fix the autodetecting in the future also.

Ronald