[libav-api] h.264 avcodec_decode_video2

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 11 23:03:06 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 03:33:39PM +0200, Stefan Lederer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> is there somewhere an example how to decode Iso Base Media File Format with
> h.264 using avcodec_decode_video2.

for the ISO base media format you need a demuxer. See libavformat from
ffmpeg.org
you need to use av_read_frame() and feed the result (from the video
stream) into avcodec_decode_video2()

> I found this example, but it doesn't work:
> http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~ismail/ffmpeg-docs/api-example_8c-source.html

This is quite outdated
the current is available at
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=doc/examples/decoding_encoding.c;hb=HEAD

but as said its not enough on its own. you can see ffmpeg.c, ffplay.c
or ffprobe.c as examples, they might be a bit complex though.

[...]

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates