[libav-api] Packaging Raw H264/AAC frames into FLV/RTMP Stream

Evgeny Yakimov john.yakimov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:01:07 CEST 2011

Hello Lu

I've found the problem, I needed to manually copy the header info from both
the x264 and faac libraries directly into the extradata of the codec
context, as these are used by the flv encoding functions, and the flvenc
does as you mentioned reinsert the headers from this extradata upon each key
frame automatically so the repeating headers were unnecessary.

I did encounter a slightly different issue though, I managed to successfully
push to an rtmp (wowza) server, however when the wowza server gets shut
down, rather then trying to reconnect or forwarding an error to the
av_write_interleaved_frame return, the program crashes. Unfortunately I have
little experience in debugging libav, I've uploaded a GDB dump here:

http://pastebin.com/smERLmiL

Any Ideas? or perhaps where to forward this?

Evgeny