[libav-api] Questions

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 11 00:53:36 CET 2011

On 11/10/11 3:07 AM, Oliveira - CTS wrote:
> Hello,

> I AM a System  developer Brazilian Engineer.
>
> Now I am working as partner with an R&D Institute in Brazilia.
>
> Recently I received a request to develop a software able to connect to
> Internet Radio stations and save it audio.
>
> I´d like to receive hints of how can I do it using libav.

The normal basic usage (calling avformat to get the streams and then
using avcodec to decode them) is more or less clean in the avplay.c[1]

If the radio is mms:// you will have to to try both mmsh and mmst
protocols in order to get the right one. (check the wikipedia page[2]
for why you need that)

I hope it helps getting you started. Soon we will have more simpler
examples and hopefully a tutorial.

[1]
http://git.libav.org/?p=libav.git;a=blob;f=avplay.c;h=01c0f118e95f462de57d2ef30820c699b06eaf7b;hb=HEAD

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMS