[libav-api] avcodec_open() changed AVCodecContext.channels?

wecing w3cing at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:11:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a program based on libav and SDL.
Sometimes my program will fail at SDL_OpenAudio.

I checked ffplay.c -- I called SDL_OpenAudio exactly the same way as it did.
But however, there's still something different.

I made the test with a movie with 6 audio channels.
In ffplay.c, after calling avcodec_open() to open the audio codec
context, AVCodecContext.channels will be changed from 6 to 2.
But in mine, it would not. And it seems that that is the only difference.

Why? I read source code of avcodec_open() roughly, but did not found any
piece of code related to that.

wecing.