[libav-api] problem with RTP and real time

Irwin Lourtet i.lourtet at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:07:43 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am developping a program which allows to send a mpeg-ts over rtp stream. I
would like to know if libav has an option to send packet over rtp at the time
it must be displayed. Because now I read packet and I send them when they are
ready, for example I send a  55s video in 30s. So I would like to send this
video in 55s. If I am not enough clear I would be please to give you more
details.

I have got another problem which I think is linked with the previous one. I
send the video over rtp with my program based on libav, and I receive the
video with vlc. So my problem is when I send the video in 320*240 there is no
problem, but more the resolution increase, less I can receive with vlc. For
example when I take the higher resolution of my video ( 1920*1080) I could
only see one frame, and if I want to see other one I have to stop and play
again vlc. It is really strange.

Thanks by advance for your help,

--
Irwin Lourtet