[libav-api] nb_frames is always zero for video streams inside mkv files

Diego Massanti diego at massanti.com
Wed Mar 30 18:23:59 CEST 2011

Hmm yes i saw that, but my problem is not with encoding, but when reading MKV files...

No matter what when i read an H.264 stream inside an MKV container, the resultant nb_frames field from the stream's AVSTREAM struct is always zero :/

Here is an example of what i mean:
http://massanti.com/captures/nb_frames-20110330-132319.jpg

I only use libav for reading.