[libav-api] Encoding video with non-fixed FPS

Soren Dreijer dreijer+list at echobit.net
Wed Dec 28 20:57:40 CET 2011

Heya,

I’m capturing video frames from a Direct3D application and I’d like to
encode them with libav to a video. Since I’m essentially capturing
live from the Direct3D application, I can’t guarantee that my frames
are happening right on the 1/<fps> mark (but I do have the capture
time, of course).

How do I properly set the presentation time for the individual video
frames when calling av_interleaved_write_frame()? The example
‘output-example.c’ assumes all frames are right on the 1/25 mark.

Cheers,
Soren