[libav-api] question about non-blocking protocols

aviad rozenhek aviadr1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:53:57 CEST 2011

thanks for your suggestion,
I have found what I believe to be a cleaner approach, your feedback
appreciated.

const char* url = "udp://localhost?localport=1234";

// pre-allocate the AVFormatContext and set the non block flag
        AVFormatContext* ctx = avformat_alloc_context();
ctx->flags |= AVFMT_FLAG_NONBLOCK;

AVFormatParameters params;
memset(&params, 0, sizeof(params));
params.prealloced_context = 1; // let av_open_input_file() know we already
allocated the context

av_open_input_file(&ctx, url, NULL, 0, &params);

--
Aviad Rozenhek