[libav-api] win32: Problem with RTSP-Streaming (build options??)

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 28 03:49:55 CEST 2011

On 4/27/11 11:41 AM, Max Göttner - d.stream wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I am new to this list and have mistakenly posted on libav-user first.
>

> Here is my problem:
>
> I have built the static libraries, using mingw / gcc under windows XP, with
> ./configure --enable-memalign-hack --disable-pthreads
>
> I have succeeded insofar, that I can link against the libraries in an
> eclipse-C project and can call “av_open_input_file(…)” referencing to a file
> “example.avi” without any problems. However, if I try to open a RTSP stream
> from a camera, the function terminates with error code: -1094995529. I could
> observe with wireshark, that a rtsp options request is sent from my computer
> and acked by the camera.

Check the win32.libav.org autobuilds first using ffplay.exe or
ffmpeg.exe I reported the configure lines for them.

> Do I have to add any other options to the configure call, to enable correct
> rtsp streaming? Should pthreads by enabled? Building with pthreads enabled
> gives me the common bug.

pthreads support is known to work with the mingw-w64 winpthreads. the
threading support so far it just impacts on libavcodec.

> Camera works fine, using a libav shared pre-build from some server also gave
> success.

Then it might be a toolchain fault, please check using gdb what's going on.