[libav-api] win32: Problem with RTSP-Streaming (build options??)

Max Göttner - d.stream max.goettner at dstream.de
Wed Apr 27 11:41:37 CEST 2011

Hi people,

I am new to this list and have mistakenly posted on libav-user first.

Here is my problem:

I have built the static libraries, using mingw / gcc under windows XP, with
./configure --enable-memalign-hack --disable-pthreads

I have succeeded insofar, that I can link against the libraries in an
eclipse-C project and can call “av_open_input_file(
)” referencing to a file
“example.avi” without any problems. However, if I try to open a RTSP stream
from a camera, the function terminates with error code: -1094995529. I could
observe with wireshark, that a rtsp options request is sent from my computer
and acked by the camera.

My question:

Do I have to add any other options to the configure call, to enable correct
rtsp streaming? Should pthreads by enabled? Building with pthreads enabled
gives me the common bug.

Camera works fine, using a libav shared pre-build from some server also gave
success.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Max